If you’re a residential, traveler, or business user in the UAE, chances are you’ve heard of DU and its SIM cards. DU is one of the largest telecom providers in the UAE and offers a wide range of services, from mobile internet to international roaming.
However, before you can start taking advantage of DU’s services, you’ll need to activate your SIM card.
If you’ve purchased a DU SIM card and are wondering how to activate DU sim card, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step guide considering both the traveler and residential users.
How To Activate Du Sim Card?
There are three main ways to activate your DU SIM card:
1. Activate using the USSD Code
2. Calling Customer Support
3. Online Activation
Before you start, you should know which method is best for you. If you’re a traveler, you should opt for the USSD Code or Customer Support method, while if you’re a residential user, it’s best to go with the Online Activation method.
Let’s look at each of these methods in detail:
1. Activate DU Sim Card Using USSD Code
The first method to activate your DU SIM card is to use a USSD Code. This is the best option for travelers who don’t have an existing DU account.
Follow these steps to activate your DU SIM card using the USSD Code:
1. Insert your DU SIM card into your mobile device.
2. Dial *122# from your phone. You’ll need this USSD code to activate your DU SIM card and select your preferred Language.
Update: Now, just dial the USSD code *122#, confirm language and then Confirm your Date Of Birth (DOB) as per your Passwort and you are done. No need to follow belove given steps. (DU made it easier for you to activate the sim card)
3. Enter the requested information, such as your Passport Number, Country & Date of arrival.
4. Confirm the details you entered, at last, enter your email address and wait for a confirmation message from DU that will be sent via SMS.
5. If everything you entered correctly, your DU SIM card will be activated, and you can start using it for all your telecom needs.
Note: If you want to change the language of your Sim Card, you can do it easily by calling 135 from your phone. This is the best method for you if you’re searching for how to activate DU tourist sim card.
2. Activate DU Sim Card By Calling Customer Support
If you already have a DU account and want to activate your new SIM card, you can simply call DU Customer Support at 0097143905555, 800, or 155 to activate your new SIM.
When calling DU Customer Support, make sure to have the following information ready:
- Full Name
- DU Account Number
- SIM card number
- Passport Number
Once you provide this information, DU will take care of the rest and activate your SIM card. It’s that simple!
As you may have activated your sim card now. Let you know, instead of recharging your Sim, you can also ask your friend to transfer some balance to your sim card. You can read our guide on How to transfer DU balance.
3. Activate Du Sim Card Online
The third and final way to activate your DU SIM card is by doing it online. This is the best option for residential users as it’s much faster and easier than the other two methods.
Follow these steps to activate your DU SIM card online:
1. Visit the Account Renewal page on the DU official website.
2. Enter your username or email id and password to log in. If you haven’t created an account yet, you can do so simply using your DU phone number. (Read our guide to check your DU Number if you don’t know your new sim number).
3. Once you log in to the DU renewal page, enter your DU number, solve the ReCaptcha and click on “Renew Now“.
4. Next, enter the 4-digit pin you’ve received via SMS and click “Continue“.
5. You will now be redirected to the Emirate ID page, where you need to enter your Emirates ID number with the expiry date and two photos of your Emirates ID, one of the front side and the second one of the backside.
6. Click on the “Confirm” button to complete the process. That’s it! Your Du SIM card is now applied for renewal/activation, and you may receive a confirmation SMS within 24 hours. It says 24 hours, but in most cases, you will get the confirmation within a few minutes or hours.
If you can’t control and want to track the status of your Du SIM card, simply go to the ID Renewal page on the Du website. Here you need to enter your reference number from the confirmation SMS, solve the reCaptcha, and hit the “check status” button. You’ll see the status on the next page.
Once your DU SIM card is activated, you can start using all of its features and services. However, they come with less than 3 minutes of voice call and about 20 MB or 1 GB of data.
As now you have successfully activated your sim card, you can now simply check your DU Sim Balance and Data Packs by logging in to the same website or using the My DU app on your phone.
To understand the Du plan, you can refer to our article on DU monthly data packages, which come with call minutes, SMS, and a Daily internet bundle.
How Do I Know If My Du SIM Is Active?
You will receive a confirmation SMS from DU when your SIM is activated, informing you that it’s ready to use. If you don’t receive a confirmation for long, you can call DU Customer Support at 0097143905555 or 800 to check the status of your SIM.
Activating your DU SIM card is easy, so don’t panic if you’re already a DU customer or just getting started. Whether you want to activate a new SIM or renew an existing one, you can do it in three ways, as this blog post explains.
I hope you get a clear answer on how to activate DU sim card, and if you have any queries feel free to contact us. We’ll be glad to help.